WIDIA-GTD Quick Ship Taps
WIDIA-GTD is now offering a Quick Ship Service which supports it's standard tap portfolio by being able to produce a basic custom tap from a blank with competitive lead times, and with quality not always found with traditional Quick Ship companies.
We will take a standard blank and modify to suit the customer needs based on the product boundaries outlined below.
Features and Benefits
- Non-standard tap sizes, pitches, PDs, coatings, and more
- Special taps can be used for tapping steel, cast iron, aluminum, or brass
- Custom-ordered taps can be designed to thread INCONEL, titanium, and high-temp alloys
- Always accurate thread pitch diameters and gage fits
WIDIA leads the industry in quoting technology. Experienced quotation specialists and product engineers use software designed in-house to generate a quote from a customer inquiry and design cutting tools with the requested features, modifications, options and surface treatments.
Use this Outline to Select a Tap:
- Determine the tap that meets your cutting tool needs. For assistance, consult the Tap Selection Guide.
- If the style, size, and / or quantity is not listed, consult customer service for a factory quote. WIDIA is fully equipped and ready to design your tool and your unique specifications.
Use the Following Guidelines to Place Your Order:
- Tap style and required quantity
- Catalog number
- Size and pitch (nominal diameter and threads per inch or mm pitch
- Chamfer (taper, plug, modified bottoming, or bottoming)
- Surface treatments
- Additional features or options
*Please note that any request outside of these boundaries will be quoted as a Custom Special (anything that deviates from a standard blank).