WIDIA™ TOP DRILL™ Modular X (TDMX) is the ultimate choice for high-demanding drilling applications when stability and reliability are required.
- Standard cutter bodies in 3 x D, 5 x D, and 8 x D lengths.
- Insert diameter range from .629" up to 1.574" (16mm up to 40mm.).
- One geometry and grade to cover steel and cast iron applications.
Easy to Apply
- Front clamping design. No need to disassemble the body from the holder to change insert.
- Easy insert nomenclature logic to identify the targeted material group.
Increased Stability and Performance
- Highly engineered pocket seat design to ensure maximum stability, even in challenging applications like cross hole, inclined entry/exit, and interrupted cuts.
- Suitable for high feed rates.
- Flanged shank for higher rigidity.
- Polished flutes for improved chip evacuation.
- Brand new WP40PD grade for longer tool life in steel and cast iron applications.
Extra-Stable Modular Drill up to 1.574" (40mm) Diameter
- Augmented insert stability thanks to the highly engineered pocket seat design.
- Front clamping for an easy insert change, without disassembling the holder from the machine spindle.
- Diameter range from .629" up to 1.574" (16mm up to 40mm).
- L/D ratio of 3 x D, 5 x D, and 8 x D.
One geometry to cover two material groups in modular drilling.
First choice for Steel and Cast Iron drilling.
TDMX Body — Technical Details
- Extra-stable pocket seat design to increase stability to securely face high-demanding applications.
- Margin lands on the entire body length to ensure the straightness and increased hole quality.
- Increase the overall drill stability, above all in deep-drilling applications.
- Cylindrical shank with flat: suitable for machining centers, as well as turning centers.
- Improved chip evacuation.
- Two standard screws to clamp and unclamp the insert, without disassembling the tool from the holder.
- Coolant channel exit right behind the cutting edge.
TDMX Pocket Seat — Technical Details
- Double-Seating Angle
- Coolant Channels
- Clamping Screw
- Ejection Pin
TDMX - Tube Sheet Drilling
Condition: Rough Surface