- First choice for external grooving applications in most workpiece materials.
- Through coolant capability and efficient coolant delivery for enhanced productivity.
- Available in integral and modular style toolholders.
- Groove width: 0.0787–0.394" (2–10mm).
- Specially engineered chipbreakers for effective parting/cut-off and deep grooving.
- Positive geometry for lower forces.
- Secure seating offers greatest stability.
- Groove width: 0.055–0.315" (1,4–8mm).
- Full radius chipbreaker for multi-directional turning and generating complex profiles.
- Rigid design ensures smooth surface finish.
- Groove width: 0.118–0.315" (3–8mm).
Grooving, Cut-Off, and Profiling
- Proprietary V-back seating design — Provides high side-load stability comparable to longer double-ended inserts.
- Positive back stop — Enables easy indexing.
- Strong V-style clamping — High stability for grooving, cut-off, side turning, deep grooving, face grooving, and profiling applications.
- Enhanced body edge design — Improved seating stability.
- Industry-leading grade technologies — Proven performance in all materials.
The Most Versatile Tool on the Market in Grooving, Profiling, and Cut-Off Operations
- Single-ended design — Deeper grooving capability than typical double-ended systems.
- Coolant channel on rake and pocket — Efficient coolant delivery for longer tool life and higher metal removal rates.
- Protective horns — Eliminates chip jamming and protects steel for reduced downtime and wear.
- Wide range of insert offering — .055–.394" (1,4–10mm). PVD grades.
- Angle between top and bottom V — Creates a pull-in effect, securing the insert tighter in the pocket.