Are you new to WIDIA? Create an account and get started.Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in.Sign In
Are you new to WIDIA? Create an account and get started.Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in.Sign In
NotificationsMark all as read
Data Privacy Notice – Website WIDIA™
In the following, we wish to provide you with information on how we, WIDIA, (hereinafter “us” or “we” or “Controller) handle your personal data when you use our website, contact form, newsletter, web shop, chat tool, or request for information contact.
WIDIA Products Group and all its subsidiaries
1600 Technology Way,
Latrobe, PA 15650,
II. Purposes and Legal Basis of the Data Processing
If you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, the legal basis for the data processing is your freely given consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
For the processing of personal data for the purposes of concluding or fulfilling a contract with you, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR is the legal basis.
Insofar as the processing of your personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of our legal obligations (e.g. for the storage of data), we are obliged to process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
In addition, we process your personal data for the purposes of safeguarding our legitimate interests and the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The maintenance of the functionality of our IT systems, but also the marketing of our products and services and the legally required documentation of business contacts are such legitimate interests.
1. Processing of personal data when visiting our website and using our website services
When you call up our Website, your browser will transfer certain data to our web server. This is done for technical reasons and required to make the requested information available to you. To facilitate your access to the Website, the following data are collected, briefly stored and used:
- IP address
- Date and time of access
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific site)
- Status of access/HTTP status code
- Transferred volume of data
- Website requesting access
- Browser, language settings, version of browser software operating system and surface
Moreover, to protect our legitimate interests, we will store such data for a limited period of time in order to be able to initiate a tracking of personal data in the event of actual or attempted unauthorized access to our servers.
We are allowed to process your personal data pursuant to Art. 6(1) (b) and (f) GDPR. 1
This Website uses so-called “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your terminal via your browser. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective overall.
In view of the importance of data privacy, and our obligations of transparency, we provide information below about cookies, how we use them on our website and what options you have if, despite the benefits they bring, you prefer to disable them. We will assume you agree to accept the cookies that we use on our website if you do not disable or opt out of them as described below.
When trying to understand cookies, and how to control them, it can help to know some terminology:
- Cookies installed on your device by the organization running the website you are visiting are known as “first party” cookies.
- Cookies installed on your device via the website you are visiting by another organization are termed “third party” cookies. An example is a cookie set by a specialist website analytics company that provides the website owner with data on the numbers of people visiting its website.
- So-called “persistent cookies” remain on your device even after you close your internet browser. They are activated each time you visit the website that created that particular cookie. For example, where a "persistent cookie" is used on a website to remember your login details, you will not need to enter those details each time you visit that website.
- Session cookies, by contrast, are temporary and are typically used to enable the website to operate, e.g. by permitting a user to move from page to page without having to log in again. Once you close your browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- "Flash cookies" are installed from websites that contain media (e.g. video clips). This requires specific software. This allows content to be downloaded and information to be stored faster, e.g. that the content has been accessed from your device.
1.1.2 Cookies we use
To enhance user experience, this website uses ‘persistent’ and ‘session’ cookies for the purposes described below. These cookies are generally ‘first party’ cookies, but may also be ‘third party’ cookies.
(1) Website functionality
Cookies that are essential for our website to function technically or which provide a service or option that you have requested. For example, a cookie that “remembers” your authentication details so you can remain logged into secure internet banking facilities, or a cookie that remembers the country or language you have selected.
(2) Website performance analysis
Cookies that help us improve our website by providing us with aggregate statistics on how many users visit it, which parts of the site are viewed the most, and the city or regional location of those users. These may be installed by a third party analytics provider under a contract with us.
(3) Tracking and Targeting Cookies
1.1.3 How to control cookies – Opt Out
We store this data until the end of the term of a respective cookie or until you delete the cookies.
Further processing of personal data by means of cookies can be found in the relevant sections of this information.
1.2 Web Analytics & Marketing
1.2.1 Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. "("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(4) It is our legitimate interest to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework .
(6) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms & conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
1.2.2 Google Analytics Remarketing
(1) Our websites use the functions of Google Analytics Remarketing in conjunction with the cross- device functions of Google AdWords (see sections 1.2.4). The provider is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(2) This function makes it possible to link the advertising target groups created with Google Ana- lytics Remarketing with the cross-device functions of Google AdWords. In this way, interest- related, personalized advertising messages that have been adapted to you depending on your previous usage and surfing behavior on a terminal device (e.g. mobile phone) can also be dis- played on another of your end devices (e.g. tablet or PC).
(3) If you have given your consent, Google will link your web and app browsing history to your Google Account for this purpose. This way, the same personalized advertising messages can be delivered to every device you sign in to with your Google Account. To support this feature, Google Analytics collects Google authenticated user IDs that are temporarily linked to our Google Analytics data to define and create target groups for cross-device advertising.
You can permanently object to cross-device remarketing/targeting by disabling personalized advertising in your Google Account by following this link: https://www.google.com/set- tings/ads/onweb/.
(4) The summary of the data collected in your Google Account is exclusively based on your con- sent, which you can submit or withdraw to Google. For data collection operations that are not aggregated in your Google Account (e.g. because you do not have a Google Account or have opposed the aggregation), the collection of data is based on our legitimate interest to analyize the website visitors for advertising purposes.
(5) This website uses the "demographic features" function of Google Analytics. This allows re- ports to be created that contain information on the age, gender and interests of site visitors. This data comes from interest-related advertising by Google and from visitor data from third- party providers. This data cannot be assigned to a specific person. You can disable this feature at any time from the display settings in your Google Account or opt-out of the collection of your data by Google Analytics as described in section 1.2.1. (3).
1.2.3 Google Adwords
(1) Our website uses the Google Adwords service. Google AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). We use the remarketing function within the Google AdWords service. The remar3keting function enables us to present advertisements based on their interests to users of our website on other websites within the Google display network (on Google itself, so-called "Google ads" or on other websites). For this purpose, the interaction of users on our website is analyzed, e.g. which offers the user was interested in, in order to be able to display targeted advertising to users even after visiting our website on other pages. To do this, Google stores a number in the browsers of users who visit certain Google services or websites on the Google Display Network. This number, known as a "cookie", is used to record the visits of these users. This number is used to uniquely identify a web browser on a particular computer and not to identify a person.
(3) Furthermore, we use the so-called Conversion Tracking when using the Google AdWords service. When you click on an advertisement served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer or device. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days, and will only be used for personal identification. The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking.
(5) We process your personal data based on our legitimate interest in playing off product recommendations and carrying out marketing measures. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
1.2.4 Adobe Analytics and Adobe Dynamic Tag Management
(1) We use the web analysis service Adobe Analytics. Adobe Analytics is a tool offered by Adobe Systems Incorporated, 345 Park Avenue San Jose, CA 95110-2704 USA. We use this tool to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website.
(2) We use Adobe Analytics with the setting "Before Geo-Lookup: Replace visitor's last IP octet with 0" and "Obfuscate IP-Removed", which shortens your IP address by the last octet and replaces it with a generic IP address that can no longer be assigned. A personal relationship can thus be ruled out.
(4) We process your personal data based on our legitimate interest to improve our website and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(5) Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation. The information collected in this way is stored on servers, also in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we point out that you may not be able to use this website in its entirety. You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser or by clicking on the "Logout" button at http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html . Adobe has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
1.2.5 Adobe Target
(1) To provide a demand-oriented website design we collect and process with the help of analysis cookies usage data about your user behavior on our website. The collection of your usage data and the creation of a user profile are done pseudonymously by using a cookie ID.
(2) For this reason we use the Adobe Target service of Adobe Systems Software, Ireland Ltd, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Park, Dublin 24, Ireland ("Adobe") to collect your usage data and create your usage profiles.
(3) Adobe Target works on the basis of A/B tests. This means that the user of our website will see a different version of the website (e.g. with different design and content) than the original version of the website. The comparison of both variants gives us information about the presen- tation preferred by the users of our website. When using Adobe Test & Target, only infor- mation about you is processed that does not allow you to be identified. IP anonymization is also enabled, so your IP address is shortened before further processing by Adobe Test & Target is executed. We do not merge the resulting user profiles with your name or other information that reveals your identity, such as your e-mail address.
(4) The usage data is stored by the service used for a maximum period of 24 months from time of collection.
Information about Adobe Test & Target's cookies and your opt-out option can be found at the following link: http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html.
1.2.7 Facebook Pixel
(3) Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US- Framework.
1.2.8 Click Dimensions
We use Click Dimensions. This is a marketing toolkit of the provider Click Dimensions LLC that supports Microsoft Dynamics 365. We use this toolkit to improve our newsletter dispatch and personalize the newsletter, so that you receive more information on themes you are really interested in.
We process your personal data based on our legitimate interest to improve and individualize the news- letter and to increase our sales rate. You will only receive a newsletter if you have given prior consent.
1.3 Links to social media websites
On our website you will find links to social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Linkedin. These are not social plugins provided by the social media provider, which already transfer data to the provider when the page is loaded without the users having any influence. Behind the buttons to the social media networks there is only a link to the social media network including the transfer of the website to be shared. No user data is transmitted from the website to the social media network. If you are already logged in to the relevant social media service at the time you click the button, the sharing dialog will detect this so that you can share the content directly. If this is not the case, you will be asked to log in to the social media network. From this point on you will be on the website of the respective social media network. Information on data processing of the respective providers can be found below.
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; Facebook Ireland Ltd 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, D2 Dublin; Ireland (“Facebook”) http://www.face- book.com/policy.php; For further information: http://www.face- book.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on- other#applications & http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo .
Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US- Framework.
Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twit- ter.com/privacy. For further information, please click: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US- Framework.
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
1.4 Integration of Youtube Videos, Google Maps, AddThis Bookmarking, Adobe Typekit
(1) 1.4.1 YouTube
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our website, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. The videos are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode". That means no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos the data mentioned in paragraph 2 will be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corre- sponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under section II. 1. of this notice will be transferred. Regardless, whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for un- logged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the so- cial network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, although you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
1.4.2 Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use Google Maps. Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, operates it. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
(2) By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have called up the corre- sponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in section II.1. of this notice will be transmitted. This is regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in with or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your infor- mation will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on Google, you must log out before activating Google Maps our website. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even
for unlogged-in users) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right. Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
(1) Our website uses the bookmarking service AddThis, operated by AddThis, Inc. (“AddThis”), 1595 Spring Hill Road, Suite 300 Vienna, VA 22182, USA. Our websites also contain AddThis plugins. These plugins allow you to bookmark or share interesting content with other users. Through these plugins, we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
AddThis provides tools for designing websites, which make it easier for you to share the site you are currently visiting with other internet users via email or social networks. If you open a page of our website containing such a plugin, your browser will automatically connect to the AddThis servers and possibly the selected social network. AddThis transmits the content of the plugin directly to your browser and integrates it into the page. This connection informs AddThis that your browser has requested the respective page of our website. After that AddThis stores a cookie on your device in order to identify your browser. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly from your browser to an AddThis server in the USA and is stored there.
(2) It is our legitimate interest to offer you the opportunity to share information easily and directly.
(3) If you do not wish to participate in this process, you can object to the collection and storage of data at any time by setting an opt-out cookie with effect for the future: http://www.add- this.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent the setting of a cookie
1.4.4 Typekit by Adobe
(1) We use Adobe Typekit for the visually appealing design of our website. Typekit is a service of Adobe Systems Software Ireland Ltd. 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Re- public of Ireland ("Adobe"), which gives us access to the Adobe font library. To integrate the fonts we use, your web browser must connect to an Adobe server in the U.S. and download the font you need. This will inform Adobe that your device's IP address has been used to access our website.
(2) The data processing is based on our legitimate interest in the visually appealing design of our website.|
(3) Adobe has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield and is committed to ensuring the European data protection principles and the local data protection level also in the context of the data processing taking place in the USA. For more information about Adobe Typekit, see the Adobe Privacy Statement: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/typekit.html.
2. Contact Form
You can contact us directly via the contact forms available on our Website. In particular, you may provide us with the following information:
- Name, last name and title
- Company name
- Address information (city, state, Postal code/ZIP code, street/shipping address, county)
- Contact data (e.g. e-mail address, phone number, fax)
- We collect, process and use the information provided by you via the contact forms exclusively for the processing of your specific request.
3. Email Requests
You can contact us via email. If you send us an email, we collect, store and process the following data.
- Your name,
- Your email address and the
- Content of your message
The data processing will only take place to the extent necessary for the response of your request and for the correspondence with you.
The collected data is solely used for the purpose of responding to your request. The data collected during the transfer process is necessary to prevent misuse of the functionality and to ensure the security of our systems.
The data will only be stored until we have fully answered your request to your satisfaction and the process has been completed and there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
4. Information Email & Newsletter
With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers and product innovations. The advertised goods and services are named in the consent letter.
For subscription to our newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure. After you have subscribed to the newsletter on our website, we will send you a message to the indicated email address asking for your confirmation. If you do not confirm your subscription within [24 hours], your information will be locked and will automatically be deleted within a month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address and company name. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for sending you the newsletter.
You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your withdraw by clicking the UNSUBCRIBE BUTTON provided in each newsletter e-mail, or by sending a message to the email address below.
5. Order-Hotline & Web shop
If you would like to order in our web shop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you enter your personal data, which we need for the completion of your order. Required information for the execution of the contracts are marked separately, further information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this purpose, we can pass on your payment data to our bank.
We are obliged by commercial and tax law to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years we will limit the processing of your data. After two years your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
6. Account Registration
To be able to use our web shop it is necessary to register by creating a user account. You can choose between a Business Account or a Guest Account. If you want to be able to check prices and global availability, create, view, and download orders, quotes, and invoices, track your shipments and cus- tomize your profile the Business Account is the right choice. By creating a Guest Account you can track your shipments and check out fast and secure.
The following information are mandatory:
- User Name
- Security Question
- First Name
- Last Name
- Product Interest
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Time zone
- Date Format
- Decimal Notations Additionally you can provide the following information on a voluntary basis:
- Second Company Name
- Second Address
- Customer Number
- Decimal Notations
The aim is to conclude or execute a contract with you. We will not use the data for any purposes other than those related to the contract or claims arising from the contract.
8. Customer Chat
We offer a customer live chat between 8 am and 6 pm for technical issues. To start the chat you have to select a Support Group (tech Support for America in English or Spanish, tech support for Europe in
English) and enter your name. Furthermore, you can enter you email address and your customer number on a voluntary basis.
The collected data is solely used for responding to your request. The data collected during the transfer process is necessary to prevent misuse of the functionality and to ensure the security of our systems. The data will only be stored until we have fully answered your request to your satisfaction and the process has been completed and there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
9. Recruitment Tool
On our Career website we offer you the opportunity to search all Kennametal worldwide job vacancies. If you are interested in becoming a part of Kennametal and how we use your data during the applica- tion procedure, please click https://jobs.kennametal.com/?utm_source=careersite
III. Categories of Recipients
1. Data Transfer for data processing on our behalf
We use specialized service providers to process some of your data. Our service providers are carefully selected and regularly checked by us. They process personal data only on our behalf and strictly in accordance with our instructions based on appropriate contracts for order processing.
We use external IT service providers, in particular, to provide you with our platforms, databases and tools for our products and services (e.g. our website, the sending of newsletters and information e- mails), to create analyses of user behavior on our websites and to play marketing campaigns. The transmission of your personal data takes place for the purpose of contract initiation or execution with you, due to our legitimate interest in improving and promoting our products, and if you have given us your consent for the processing of your personal data based on your consent.
2. Data transfer for the provision of our products and services
In order to provide and perform our products and services, we may transfer your personal data to companies within the Kennametal Group as part of an internal process based on the division of resources. The data transfer is based on our legitimate interest in carrying out internal administrative activities efficiently and on the division of resources and in improving our products and services pursuant or for the fulfilment of a contract with you.
3. Data Transfer due to legal obligation
Beyond that we transfer your personal data only and in so far a legal obligation exists on our part to the passing on, e.g. to the police authorities in the context of criminal investigations or to the data protection supervisory authorities.
4. Processing of data outside the EU/EEA
Some of your data will also be processed in countries outside the European Union ("EU") or the European Economic Area ("EEA"), where a generally lower level of data protection may prevail. In these cases, we ensure, for example through standard contractual clauses with our contractual partners that an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed for your data.
IV. Deletion of your data
The data processed by us will be deleted or its processing restricted unless expressly stated in this document, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory storage obligations. If the data is not deleted because it is necessary for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing is restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes.
V. Your Rights
1. Rights of the Data Subjects
The following rights are generally available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
- Right of information about your personal data stored by us;
- Right to request the correction, deletion or restricted processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to a processing for reasons of our own legitimate interest, public interest, or profiling, unless we are able to proof that compelling, warranted reasons superseding your interests, rights and freedom exist, or that such processing is done for purposes of the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to file a complaint with a data protection authority;
- You may at any time with future effect withdraw your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. For further information please refer to the chapters above describing the processing of data based on your consent.
If you wish to exercise your rights or if you have questions with respect to data privacy, please contact our company via the Data Protection email address as follows:
Alternatively, you can send us your request to:
1600 Technology Way, Latrobe, PA 15650, USA
It is important to us to comply with all laws and provisions regarding your data. However, if you believe that by using your data we are in breach of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
VI. Amendment of Privacy Statement
We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. Updates of our Privacy Statement will be published on our Website. Any amendments become effective upon publication on our Website. We therefore recommend that you regularly visit the site to keep yourself informed on possible updates.
Last Update: 25th May 2018