Tapping the Hardest Aerospace Materials
The VT-AFT tap was designed to face solution-treated high-temperature alloys like A286, 300 series stainless steel and titanium aerospace fastener applications.
This tap is equipped with a high-vanadium HSS-E material for greater wear resistance and a precision-ground spiral geometry to push chips forward and reduce galling.
Features & Benefits
- TiN CrC/C coating to reduce galling and prevent build-up on edges
- Spiral-point geometry for low cutting forces while pushing chips forward
- Precision-ground spiral geometry allows tapping of solution-treated A286, 300 series stainless steel and titanium
- High vanadium for higher wear resistance
- Increased chamfer length to reduce chip load