HSS-E Aerospace Fastener Taps
- High vanadium for higher wear resistance.
- Patented geometry for low cutting forces.
- Optimized geometry for a specific application.
- Increased chamfer length to reduce chip load.
- Improved tool life.
- Increased process security.
- Improved productivity.
- Application support.
Features and Benefits
- High-Vanadium HSS-E - For greater wear resistance in high-temp alloys.
- Proprietary Spiral-Point Geometry - Low cutting force while pushing the chip forward.
- Precision-Ground Spiral Geometry - Designed to allow tapping of solution-treated A286, 300 series stainless steel, and titanium.
- Proprietary TiN CrC/C Coating - For the reduction of galling and prevents built-up edge.