Cost Per Part Program
Cost per Part (CPP) is a tailored program designed to manage tooling, increase efficiency, and track outcomes.
Through NOVOsphere, Kennametal has available the latest in tool management software. We use this advanced software onsite with our CPP customers to manage ToolBOSS units and supply chain, presetting interface, and CNC programming. This is used together with the latest in tool performance dashboards.
We partner with you for long-term savings. To start, every step of the production process is analyzed to create a starting baseline. Then onsite tooling personnel provided by Kennametal go to work within your shop to identify poor performing tooling and replace them with better technology. Improvements are tested, tracked, and reported.
We guarantee savings
Our cost per part (CPP) program is an onsite tool management service that places dedicated personnel in your shop to initiate productivity improvements, track operational savings, oversee tool inventory and usage, and perform presetting, maintenance, reorder, and more. Efficiencies are increased and outcomes are tracked. We guarantee a specific cost-per-part savings during the life of the contract.
- Every step of your production process is analyzed to establish current cost per part.
- Kennametal onsite tool engineer manages the tool crib with our tools on consignment through the life of the contract.
- Onsite engineer delivers tools where needed in the plant; removes used tools from production area; and reconditions, reassembles, and returns tools to the machine for use.
- Operational and productivity savings are tracked, documented, and reported.
- Each CPP program is tailored to the specific needs of the facility.
Our onsite staff manages your tool crib, and Kennametal’s tools are on consignment throughout the life of the contract. No more stock outages and expediting order costs. That’s a big risk reduction for your business.
The CPP program is ideal for:
- Shops with high-volume production of single parts
- Shops that consume large amounts of perishable tools (like drills, inserts, end mills)
- Shops with high metal removal rates
Bottom line benefits:
- Eliminate downtime from out-of-stock issues
- Achieve up to 66% reduction in setup time
- Improve inventory turns up to 6-8 per year
- Reduce on-hand inventory up to 50% in six months
- Slash tool consumption by up to 30%
- Reduce tool purchase costs up to 90%